Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dan Serafini

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Dan Serafini
I have not heard anything about Dan Serafini since it was announced that he became a free agent? Has he signed yet?
Comments
Re: Dan Serafini
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Dec 15, 2005 10:55 AM | YAK Fan ]

I guess he's playing the wait and see game, to find out if Chiba is going to offer him any more money. According to all the news reports that I've read, Rakuten, Nippon Ham, Yomiuri, and Orix are all showing interest in Dan. However, with Yomiuri getting Glover and Jeremy Powell, they won't be going after Dan anymore. I guess Lotte made an offer and has set a deadline for today (12/15), stating the club won't get into a bidding war.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:30 PM ]

Where do you get this information from?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 15, 2005 6:54 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've seen this reported in the paper version of Nikkan Sports at least twice. I'm sure the other Japanese sports dailies have covered this as well.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Dec 16, 2005 10:40 AM | YAK Fan ]

As westbaystars-san pointed out, the news comes from a couple of different sports papers. According to Sankei Sports, the deadline that Lotte set passed with no response from Dan. Sponichi Annex is reporting that Orix has put forth an offer to Serafini, at 1 year for $1.4 million.
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Dec 23, 2005 7:13 PM ]

Does anyone know if Orix will sign Dan Serafini?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 12, 2006 11:00 PM ]

Serafini is about ready to sign with the Orix Buffaloes, team officials said. Orix manager Katsuhiro Nakamura said the team is about 99% done with negotiations.

Serafini went 11-4 with a 2.91 ERA in 27 starts with the Chiba Lotte Marines last year, when he helped led them to a Nippon Series win.

[Full Japan Ball Story]
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 13, 2006 9:45 AM | CLM Fan ]

I guess Lotte wants to bring up another young starting pitcher. They definitely have their pick of the litter with Katoh, Uchi, Asama, Tejima, Tanaka, and the rookies. I could also see them going with Johnny Kuroki. That would definitely please the fans.
[ Author: Guest: SIGNED, SEALED and DELIVERED | Posted: Jan 16, 2006 2:30 PM ]

Dan Serafini is a member of the Orix Buffalos.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.