Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hawks to Add Field Seats at Fukuoka

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Hawks to Add Field Seats at Fukuoka
The Softbank Hawks on Wednesday announced that they plan on installing "field seats" at Fukuoka Yahoo! Japan Dome. This will allow fans to become closer to the in-game action, and will follow in the direction the Yomiuri Giants, who installed "Excite Seats" at the Tokyo Dome, started earlier this year. [Daily Yomiuri Article]
Comments
Re: Hawks to Add Field Seats at Fukuoka
[ Author: Guest: buymeabeer | Posted: Dec 16, 2005 1:01 PM ]

I really have no other reason to write this other than the Hawks have slowly become a scar on baseball and are going the way of classic teams like the Yankees and Giants. Has anyone else ever been to a game and had trouble seeing through all the beer vendors? I took one picture there and they looked like a virus taking over a human body. I'm out.
Re: Hawks to Add Field Seats at Fukuoka
[ Author: himself | Posted: Dec 16, 2005 2:41 PM | FSH Fan ]

- the Hawks have slowly become a scar on baseball and are going the way of classic teams like the Yankees and Giants.

Please elaborate on that.

In all the games I've attended at the Fukuoka Dome, I didn't experience any problems with the beer vendors blocking views. Then again, I've never really sat close to the field (I usually sat by the oendan). But the Dome does have its share of vendors selling all kinds of foods and drinks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.