Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Marines Sign Beirne

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Marines Sign Beirne
The Chiba Lotte Marines have signed pitcher Kevin Beirne to a one year contract worth 100 million (1-oku) yen. Beirne went 4-13 with a 4.69 ERA in 22 games with the Orix Buffaloes last year. [Full Japan Ball Story]

Beirne will be expected to pick up the load left by the departure of Dan Serafini to Orix.
Comments
Re: Marines Sign Beirne
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:06 AM ]

I don't see the reason for this. They already had pitchers to take over Serafini's place. They could've put Kubo as the #4 starter and Ono as the #5. Both had 10 wins and good ERAs last year. Hopefully, Beirne will be a long man and not a starter.
ONO - 10W  4L  ERA 2.81
KUBO -10W 3L ERA 3.40
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 20, 2006 10:58 AM | CLM Fan ]

Not to mention Johnny Kuroki and a bunch of youngsters waiting for their chance. I guess the Lotte bigwigs know more about it than us, though.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 21, 2006 1:08 PM ]

How does he sign for that much money? He was terrible last year, and his stuff was terrible last year as well. Bad signing by the Marines. There were much better free agents available than him.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.