Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tiger Tour: Game 1

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tiger Tour: Game 1
Apparently, this was national "knock in Toritani" night, because Hanshin scored both their runs via Toritani crossing the plate. Yano knocked him in in the 2nd and the pitcher Fukuhara got the RBI in the 4th with what ended up being the winning run.

The Carp scored in the 7th (I think... I was up to about 5 or 6 beers by this time) but only one run. They had first and third with nobody out and managed to only get one run in.

I do have to say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed the company of all the Tigers fans. There was an impromptu pep rally under the expressway after the game where hitting march songs were sang from players such as Randy Bass, Thomas O'Malley (who I must really resemble because, dang, I got compared to him a lot), and a whole bunch of Japanese players who I never heard of. I actually knew half the song for Tsuboi and George Arias, so I guess that was fun. I guess that's why I love the Tigers so much - their fans are the craziest!

Anyways, the game was a blast, with the Carp actually out-hitting the Tigers, but the Tigers made them count more. 2-1 was the final in nine innings. Williams came in and pitched the 8th inning and Fujikawa pitched the 9th for the save. The game lasted almost four hours on a beautiful night in Kobe.

For those of you keeping track, I'm here for the whole Tigers home stand ending with the Giants series, if I can scalp some tickets. I will post a report here after each game if I'm not too drunk and my laptop continues picking up this rogue wirelesss hub.
Comments
Re: Tiger Tour: Game 1
[ Author: Guest: Cheese | Posted: Jul 12, 2006 10:05 AM ]

Cheers Vir 4030, as someone who loves the "occasion" of going to Koshien, I appreciate your post. Half the funs is in the stands and after the game. Looking forward to your posts.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.