Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers Tour: Game 2

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tigers Tour: Game 2
The Tigers defeated the Carp tonight by a score of 4 to 2. They will go for a sweep tomorrow at Koshien. The starting pitcher, Nakamura, went 5 innings and gave up one run, and then Andoh had two innings of relief. He gave us a bit of a heart attack in the 7th when he couldn't throw a strike to save his life. For some reason, I always remember Andoh that way. Then Williams pitched a solid 8th and Fujikawa got the save in the 9th, although he gave up one run.

The offense tonight for the Tigers was "The Kanemoto Show staring Kanemoto, and also appearing, Andy Sheets." Kanemoto hit a two-run homer in the third and a solo shot in the 8th, and Andy had a solo shot in the 6th. So the long ball did it tonight. Saa, koko made buchikome raito sutando e. Well, the first was to center, and the second to left, so no raito sutando tonight.

Of course, there was a stirring rendition of "Rokko Oroshi" and nobody left the stadium until the staff began turning the lights off. I guess that means "Good night!"

The under-expressway post-game rally is apparently a staple after a win, because there was another tonight, although it didn't seem as long.

Oh, and the Chicken Salsa Sandwich that McDonald's has sure hits the spot as a late-night "absorb the alcohol so you can post a review on JapaneseBaseball.com" food. I haven't seen this sandwich back in the States, but it sure is good.
Comments
Re: Tigers Tour: Game 2
[ Author: Vir4030 | Posted: Jul 13, 2006 2:41 PM | HT Fan ]

One additional detail: Asai got the start instead of Yano. The lineup:

Akahoshi (CF)
Fujimoto (2B)
Hamanaka (RF)
Kanemoto (LF)
Sheets (1B)
Toritani (SS)
Sekimoto (3B)
Asai (C)
Nakamura (P)

I hope to see Yano again in game 3. When I was here last year, I saw him hit a grand slam in one of the best baseball games I ever saw (in any country). So I like him. I'll wear his towel tonight. (I wore Kanemoto's to this game, and he blasted off twice, so maybe that's lucky.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.