Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers Tour: Game 4

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tigers Tour: Game 4
The Hanshin Tigers and the Chunichi Dragons faced off in the Osaka Dome in the first game of three. The Tigers were victorious by a score of 7-2 with Kanemoto being the hero of the day going 2-3 with 2 walks.

Shimoyanagi got the start for the Tigers and pitched six shutout innings of two-hit ball, although he walked five batters. The only real trouble he was in all night was in the third inning when he had the bases loaded with two outs. Andoh got the call in the seventh and Williams in the eighth (it was a 5-1 lead at this point). Williams gave up one and the Tigers scored two in the bottom of the 8th, so Kanazawa got the call in the 9th instead of Fujikawa.

Yano tripled to right center in the fourth with one out which was the best hit of the game, in my opinion. Of course, I always like it when a catcher hits a triple. Unfortunately the Tigers were unable to bring him in, but they still got more than enough runs to do the job.

If the Tigers win the remaining two games, they will be in a first place tie with the Dragons. So the excitement is definitely in the air of the Osaka Dome.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.