Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Happy New Year 2004

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Happy New Year 2004
I wish you all a happy 2004.

The teams to watch next year should be the Chiba Lotte Marines in the Pacific League and the Chunichi Dragons in the Central League.
Comments
Re: Happy New Year 2004
[ Author: Guest: George Steinbrennernot | Posted: Jan 1, 2004 9:47 AM ]

Have a great one, too.

I may have to switch to the Marines now that the Fighters have left Tokyo and Bobby V. is at the helm. Is it tough to get weekend tickets for the Marines? Do they play outdoors?

And let's keep an eye on Kaz and those Mets!
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 1, 2004 4:56 PM | HAN Fan ]

The Marines have a beautiful outdoor stadium next to the water. Unfortunately it has artificial turf.
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Jan 1, 2004 12:39 PM | HT Fan ]

- I wish you all a happy 2004.

Thanks, Westbay-san. I wish the same for you and yours.

- The teams to watch next year should be [...] the Chunichi Dragons in the Central League.

CL 2004 MVP: Fukudome, Kosuke. You heard it here first.
[ Author: KazMetsui | Posted: Jan 2, 2004 1:34 PM ]

Thank you Westbaystars!

A Very Happy 2004 To You and Yours!
[ Author: Guest: Enrique Rojas | Posted: Jan 2, 2004 10:12 PM ]

Happy New Year Westbaystars.

Speaking about the teams to watch in 2004, I think Japan is like in United States and Dominican Republic. The favorites are the favorites: Giants in Japan, Yankees in USA, and Aguilas and Licey in Dominican. Others can win, but these teams are favorites every time and forever.
[ Author: InterestedAmericanObserver | Posted: Jan 5, 2004 5:36 AM ]

Happy New Year to both those here with me in America and those across the Pacific. I'm looking forward to learning more and more about Yakyu through this site, "Ya Got to have Wa," and Baseball Guru. I'm also quite excited to see Kazuo Matsui play (and hopefully excel) in a Mets uniform!

I've finally found Japanese teams to root for: Chiba Lotte Marines (due to Bobby V. and the possible working relationship between the Mets and Chiba, they are my favorite). I will also follow: Nippon Ham (Shinjo), Seibu (Kazuo Matsui), and Yakult (second-class citizens to the Giants, like the Mets to the Yankees). I know that's about 1/4 of the league, but what can I say? I'm enthusiastic!

Read my columns at NYMFansonly.com
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Jan 6, 2004 2:09 PM | HT Fan ]

I would also like to extend slightly belated New Year's greetings, and say thank you to Westbaystars-san and all of those posters who make this such a great forum.

And my two yen on the 2004 season: I see both Daiei and Hanshin repeating, though not as handily as last year. I like Matsunaka and Imaoka for the MVP's and either Matsuzaka or Uehara for the Sawamura. Look for Toritani to take home the Central League shin-jin-oh as well.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Jan 7, 2004 8:50 PM | HT Fan ]

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu. Just before returning to Canada I was able to visit a Buddhist temple in Takatsuki where I received dai-ichi (the very best of fortune in all things). And so I feel especially good about my Tigers' chances to go all the way in 2004. But I am also interested to see how the Fighters will play in their new home in Sapporo.

Many thanks as always for this great website, Westbay-sensei. I have learned much here, thanks to you! Happy 2004.
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Jan 9, 2004 2:17 PM | FSH Fan ]

Happy New Years.

I trust everyone has eaten there ozoni, and mochi. I hope this new year brings everyone happiness and peace. I hope this, the year of the monkey, brings luck to my beloved Detroit Tigers (yes holding my breath) and Fukuoka Daiei Hawks.
[ Author: Chiroman | Posted: Jan 15, 2004 8:32 AM ]

Dear Westbay-san,

Happy New Year to you too!

I was hoping you would do another Happy New Year greetings by video like you did last year with your BayStars' cap on. Can you please remember to do that next year?

Thank-you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.