Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nomo the owner

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Nomo the owner
I heard Nomo announced his team today and it's called "Team Nomo" which will began play this season in a semi-pro league in Japan. The team is located in his hometown of Osaka. My question would be, does he still own the Elmira Pioneers in the Independent League with Irabu and Mac Suzuki?
Comments
Re: Nomo the owner
[ Author: Guest: kiba | Posted: Feb 11, 2004 7:11 PM ]

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you.

I love the Hansin Tigers. I'm studying English because I can not and want to speak English well.

Irabu [Hanshin official profile in Japanese] is playing for the Hansin Tigers in the Central League.

Mac [Orix official profile in Japanese] is playing for the Orix BlueWave in the Pacific League.

The answer to your question is "no." "Nomo Baseball Club," Hanshin Tigers, and Orix BlueWave are in another league.

[Edited by: Admin on Feb 11, 2004 7:12 PM JST. And I think he understood the question to be "are they in the same league?" rather than "are they still the owner?"]
Re: Nomo the Owner
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Feb 13, 2004 2:59 AM ]

No. My question is, does Nomo, Irabu, and Mac Suzuki still own the Pioneer team in the Independent League?
Re: Nomo the Owner
[ Author: Basebill | Posted: Feb 13, 2004 9:50 AM | TYS Fan ]

Hi Frank,

The answer is yes. There had been some concern about the Pio's around these parts (I'm in PA about 45 miles from Elmira) because, until this past week, the ownership had not contacted the city about the upcoming season. To date, they still have not done any promotions, season ticket sales, or even player signings! They will play this season at Dunn Field in Elmira, but are in the final year of a 5-year deal, so the future is much in doubt.

Bill Stevens
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.