Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Giants Tryout September 16, 2007

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Giants Tryout September 16, 2007
It was announced that the Giants will be holding a tryout for players on September 16, 2007 starting from 10:00 am at Giants Stadium in Kawasaki. Here is the full announcement [Giants.jp - in Japanese]

Requirements
  1. Male aged 18 to 22 years old.
  2. Registered high school students must have proof that they will graduate by next spring delivered to and verified by NPB by September 15.
  3. College students must bring a certificate of expected graduation or separation from the university by next spring.
  4. Amateur club members must bring a certificate of proof of separation from the club.

Registration
Send a post card or letter including address, name, age (with birthdate), graduated high school, height, weight, and position(s) to the below address at least two days prior to the test.
  • No private information will be used for purposes outside of this test.
  • No reply will be made to applicants.

Address:
〒100-8151 東京都千代田区大手町2-1-1
読売巨人軍「新人テスト」係

Test Items
  1. Must run 50 meters in under 6.3 seconds and be able to throw a ball at least 95 meters
  2. Those who pass #1 will be further tested for base running, pitching, batting, fielding, catchers' ability to throw to second, etc.

Other Notes
  1. Participants must show up 30 minutes before the test ready with all necessary baseball gear(timeliness will be strictly observed)
  2. Transportation and food is at participant's own expense.
  3. Try outs will still be conducted in light rain. For information on whether or not it is canceled due to poor weather will be available via Giants Information (03-3236-9000) on that day.

If you are not already living in Japan, I don't recommend this tryout. It doesn't say that foreigners are excluded, but the real purpose of this tryout is for finding overlooked domestic talent (which they rarely do anyway). Notice that only transportation and food are mentioned, but not lodging? That's because they're assuming that people will be commuting from home nearby.

When I see other tryout notices, I'll be sure to post them. In the mean time, please do not post baseball resumes to this site. As it says in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), get an agent with contacts on Japanese teams. Teams don't recruit from fan sites.
Comments
Re: Giants Tryout September 16, 2007
[ Author: Tokyo Sox | Posted: Aug 7, 2007 2:26 PM | TYS Fan ]

Where can I get a fake ID that says I'm 22?
Re: Giants Tryout September 16, 2007
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 7, 2007 4:01 PM | HT Fan ]

I'm pretty sure I could get a medical certificate from a psychiatrist stating I have a mental age of 18. But I don't really think that's what they're looking for.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.