Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! March 28, 2008 - CL Opening Day

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! March 28, 2008 - CL Opening Day
It's opening day for the Central League this evening. And I'll be bringing you the defending Japan/Asia champion Chunichi Dragons hosting the Hiroshima Toyo Carp at Nagoya Dome at 6:00 p.m. JST [World Clock - check for day and time in your area]. Just click on the "Live!" tab above around game time to tune in.

Hope to have a few of you tune in live. If you can't make it, I'll post the podcast soon after the game.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! March 28, 2008 - CL Opening Day
[ Author: tonydragon | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 5:15 AM | CD Fan ]

Absolutely gutted, I won't be able to tune in - will be straight home for the podcast though!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:41 AM | NIP Fan ]

I saw on the news last night that the starters would be Kawakami vs. Ohtake, but I never trust those CL people. Supposedly the other matches were going to be Terahara vs. Andoh, and Ishikawa vs. Hisanori Takahashi, but again, I have no clue whether that's actually true.
[ Author: ExitMoose | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 2:02 PM | HT Fan ]

Kansai TV won't be broadcasting the Hanshin - Yokohama game until 7:00. Apparently, they think the 6 pm news is more important. Bah!
[ Author: ExitMoose | Posted: Mar 29, 2008 11:47 AM | HT Fan ]

And they cut the last inning! Watching baseball on TV is so frustrating in this country!
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:16 PM | CD Fan ]

I'm in. It's 5 AM and I'm tuning in live!
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:15 PM | CD Fan ]

Note to Westbay: Your call on the throw home to Tanishige was a great "YES!!!..............NO!!!" moment.

P.S. Terahara is P-word through 3. :P
[ Author: Guest: Cardiff Carp | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:12 PM ]

Tuned in for the bottom of the 9th - thanks for your commentary, better than watching the Yahoo pitch by pitch graphics!

Once the tying run went in I decided to stop listening - it is going to be another long season for Carp methinks; unable as ever to close out a game.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:44 PM | YBS Fan ]

If you stopped listening there, then you missed a great relay from Soyogi to home to stop Woods inches from home plate.

We're going into the 12th tied 2-2 right now.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:00 PM | HAN Fan ]

Yes, Tigers/BayStars was Andoh/Terahara. See my blog for a complete game account.
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:11 PM | CD Fan ]

Crazy game; going from a low point (Kawakami struggled to get through the first two innings and finally surrendered a run in the 3rd) to a high point (Kawakami himself homered!), back to low (Kawakami blew the tie in the 9th), to high and low again (2-out game-tying hit, only for the sayonara run to get tagged out, then wasting bases-loaded-nobody-out in the 10th). I was on the edge of my seat all morning.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, we ended the 4 hour 10 minute marathon a draw, 2-2. Still, it was very exciting there at the end.

Here is the 232MB MP3 podcast of the game. Enjoy.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:23 PM | NIP Fan ]

I really, really, really just hope they show Kenshin hitting a home run on the news tonight, because well, when I looked at the boxscore after work, that was my biggest WTF moment.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Allen | Posted: Mar 29, 2008 1:12 PM ]

- I really, really, really just hope they show Kenshin hitting a home run on the news tonight, because well, when I looked at the boxscore after work, that was my biggest WTF moment.

Well, he has hit seven before, so it's not as big a surprise as Kudoh hitting his only pro homer in the game he reached 200 career wins, which I suppose is eclipsed by Tsuneo Horiuchi's belting three homers in his no-hitter. Now that's a good day at the office - even though it was a meaningless game on the 10th of October.
[ Author: Guest: Molly in Nashville | Posted: Mar 30, 2008 12:12 AM ]

As a new listener to your broadcasts I'm not sure how this works. Could you please tell me how often you broadcast games and if there is any way to know in advance (so I can set the alarm clock).

Thanks for a kick'n website!

Molly
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 30, 2008 8:40 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks for the enthusiasm for the broadcasts.

Now that the season has started, I'd like to try to do one a week. Unfortunately, the best time for me (weekday evenings) tend to be the worst time for listeners (weekday mornings).

I don't really have a schedule, I just try to alternate between Central and Pacific Leagues when family obligations allow. I post a notice to the News group either the day before or the game of the broadcasts. I suppose I should try to get the family schedule a bit earlier. If weekdays are fine with listeners (mostly downloaders anyway), then I think a schedule may be possible.

Any opinions on the best way to go about this this year?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.