Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Mayumi song

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
The Mayumi song
Koshien authorities are facing a problem - the return of the Mayumi song. Sung by the oendan when he batted it involved all fans moving rapidly left then right. This was OK when Koshien was half empty but in today's filled environment could be dangerous causing injuries. It's not like the song will be sung every game but it is possible that it will be aired on big occaisions. It used to be quite a sight and I believe the tune used was the Mickey Mouse song (confirmation needed).

The Oendan have been asked to modify or not use the song at all but whether this will happen is open to question. The authorities tried to get the Tigers fans to give up on 'old lang syne' but this was ignored. If it can be managed safely though it would be nice to see the movement performed by a full Koshien.
Comments
Re: The Mayumi song
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jan 22, 2009 12:47 AM ]

Is this the same reason the wave is banned at Koshien? I was always puzzled by that one.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jan 22, 2009 6:04 PM | HAN Fan ]

I think the wave was banned for structural reasons not people safety reasons. Marines fans were asked not to jump up and down for the same safety reason.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jan 22, 2009 8:54 PM ]

Off topic, but no way to start a new post within TigerTails. Do you happen to know when Tigers tickets go on sale this year? The open-sen go on sale tomorrow, but the Koshien home page still just has last year's information up. I'm often out of the country when they go on sale, so was just worried.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jan 28, 2009 5:18 PM | HAN Fan ]

The season's schedule has just been released so tickets will be available soon.
[ Author: Guest: Asuka | Posted: Jan 22, 2009 10:42 PM ]

There are just too many people to do it... I would not like people getting hurt, and i don't think the teams would want the fans to get hurt too.
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: Jan 24, 2009 10:46 AM ]

They need to do the Mayumi song. The bleachers have always been full so this half empty Koshien is not a good reason. What are the lyrics? I heard.

Mayumi, Mayumi Ii Otoko
Mayumi Mayumi Homerun.

It is the Mickey Mouse song.

M.I.C.K.E.Y....M.O.U.S.E.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.