Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers starting rotation

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
Tigers starting rotation
This is the starting list for Tigers pitching - once again its a six pitcher rotation. Opening day is Andoh (3rd April) followed by Nohmi (4th April) and Kubo (5th April). The next series against the Carp will be led off by Shimoyanagi (7th April), then Fukuhara (8th April) and Ishikawa (9th April).

It's a relief to see that Kanemura hasn't made the rotation - he isn't ready yet. But no Iwata and no Uezono is disappointing. Nohmi is a bit of a risk and as gotigersredsox commented he starts the season then fades rapidly. I am hoping he can finally realize his potential.

[Edited by: Christopher on Mar 30, 2009 5:19 PM]
Comments
Re: Tigers starting rotation
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: Mar 30, 2009 6:21 PM ]

It'll be interesting to see how Kubo will be doing on his new team. He was miserable for Lotte the past few seasons so I was maybe thinking Hanshin would use him as mid relief.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 30, 2009 6:32 PM | HAN Fan ]

Kubo has started well and has shown some promise in open sen. Mayumi`s plan is to use him in the starting rotation. Tigers are well stocked with middle relievers but starters are needed.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Mar 31, 2009 4:04 PM ]

How they skipped over Iwata is beyond me. Will he be in the bullpen at first or sent down? His record was just so-so last year, but his ERA was impressive. He just seemed to go through a bad stretch where the Tigers wouldn't give him any run support. This culminated in the gem he pitched in the last game of the Climax Series. We know how that ended, but was not his fault. He has proven himself.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 31, 2009 6:46 PM | HAN Fan ]

Iwata currently has a sore left shoulder and is rehabilitating at the moment.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 4, 2009 4:52 PM ]

The more I look at this rotation, the more uncertain I am. As I mentioned, Nohmi has failed each time he has been given a chance. Letting him try as a fifth or sixth starter is one thing, but #2? Despite his age, Shimo was great last year, so should be #2. Additionally, Kubo is new to the Central League, so 3 is a little high in the rotation for him. Why are they so unsold on Uezono? Wasn't he Rookie of the Year 2 years ago? Any news on how serious Iwata's injury is?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 4, 2009 7:32 PM | HAN Fan ]

Nohmi is a puzzle as is the treatment of Uezono. I can only think that Uezono got on the wrong side of Kubo as his performance hasn't been too bad. Nohmi's start today was poor and he will probably be back in the second team soon.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.