Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Darvish Takes 2007 Sawamura Award

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Darvish Takes 2007 Sawamura Award
As reported by Kyodo News at Japan Ball (and again), Nippon Ham's young ace, Yu Darvish, has won the 2007 Sawamura Award.

Of course, this doesn't come as a surprise to any of us here, as Deanna showed us "the importance of being Darvish" a couple of weeks ago. All that leaves are congratulations to the new prince of the mound.
Comments
Re: Darvish Takes 2007 Sawamura Award
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 30, 2007 1:05 AM | NIP Fan ]

I almost feel like there's no way I can add a "congratulations Darvish!" comment without it sounding like "I told you so."

But at the same time, I just didn't think there was a reasonable argument for any other pitcher in Japan this year. He was just flat-out awesome in every way.

By the way, they didn't point this out in the article, but I believe Darvish is the first person in the history of the Flyers/Fighters franchise to win the Sawamura. So, double congratulations!
[ Author: Dan Miceli | Posted: Nov 2, 2007 3:37 PM ]

Let me add my congratulations to Yu Darvish as well.

How much longer do you guys think he will stay in Japan? I think he will try to go to MLB via posting as soon as 2009, no later than 2010. Any thoughts?
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 8:31 PM | HIR Fan ]

[Old thread rived]

I think Naruse deserves this Award, too. If Chiba Lotte Marines had finished first last year, he would have been the one who was awarded. For sure.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.