Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seung-Yeop Lee (Yomiuri Giants)

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Seung-Yeop Lee (Yomiuri Giants)
Has anyone else noticed that Seung-Yeop Lee, currently a 1st baseman with the Yomiuri Giants, is fast approaching two career milestones?

Entering the 2009 season, he has 447 HR (324 Korea Baseball Organization, 123 Nippon Professional Baseball). Sometime within the next few seasons he should join the 500 HR club.

Entering 2009, he also has 1,827 Hits (1286 KBO, 541 NPB). A few more seasons (or one great season) and he should be eligible to join the "Meikyukai" Golden Players Club.

Has Mr. Lee won any Pacific or Central League awards yet (MVP, Gold Glove, Best Nine, etc.)? I know that he is a 5-Time Korea Baseball Organization MVP.

Scott Boa
Ingersoll, Ontario
Canada
Comments
Re: Seung-Yeop Lee (Yomiuri Giants)
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Mar 19, 2009 10:28 AM | HT Fan ]

He had a monster year in 2006 but wasn't rewarded with any titles. I'd have to go back and look at who beat him out. It will be interesting to see if NPB respects his KBO achievements for Meikyukai inclusion; I think this is the first time we've seen a guy get into this situation.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.