Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

News from Yomiuri Wanted

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
News from Yomiuri Wanted
Is Yomiuri management in a panic mode with the mighty Giants off to a 12-20 start? From here in America, I can easily imagine some Steinbrenner-like episodes. Who is the manager and GM, and are they in danger of being fired?
Comments
The Horrible Start for the Giants and the Yankees
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: May 11, 2005 12:27 AM ]

Looking at the standings, the Giants and the Yankees are not starting out like their suppose to. Can this year be the year for the downfall of expensive teams? I hope so.

Anyway, The Lotte Marines look good, so I'm proud of Bobby V. Let's see if they could continue it. The Eagles are horrendous. What happen to them?
Re: The Horrible Start for the Giants and the Yankees
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: May 11, 2005 8:52 AM | TYS Fan ]

- The Eagles are horrendous. What happen to them?

I don't know why people are surprised by the slow start by the Eagles. They're an expansion team. They were lucky to pick up a couple disillusioned Buffalo players and the top prospect in the draft, but no expansion team wins right away. It will take them several years of development before they're competitive - and that's if they do things right.
Re: News from Yomiuri Wanted
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 11, 2005 8:29 AM ]

- Who is the manager[?]

Yomiuri's manager is Tsuneo Horiuchi. [2005 Giants Roster]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.