Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Not Bad Enough for Chunichi

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Not Bad Enough for Chunichi
If losing 8 out of 10 isn't bad enough, I check TBS for the scores and see 3 inning Domingo is the starter. Tyrone is back, too, and it looks like he hasn't lost a thing since he left (he struck out!). Interleague is killing me. If they lose to Rakuten, I'm focusing on J-League for the rest of the year. I'm a little bitter right now.
Comments
Re: Not Bad Enough for Chunichi
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: May 22, 2005 4:09 PM ]

Yeah, it's painful to watch. They keep finding new ways to lose. A sayonara wild pitch against Lotte one day, a bases-loaded walk to a Hawks' pitcher a couple of days ago after a walk to Torigoe (who was hitting .130 or so). What's next? (Do I really want to know?)

It is reassuring they could go 4-10 and still lead the Central League. But nothing is working now, and the whole CL is getting bunched up again.

A couple of commentators have said that the Pacific League has been much more aggressive at the plate in general, and PL batters have been smashing pitches that CL batters would normally lay off of, making it tough for CL batteries to figure out how to pitch guys. Hmmm.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: May 23, 2005 8:41 AM | HAN Fan ]

- A couple of commentators have said that the Pacific League has been much more aggressive at the plate in general, and PL batters have been smashing pitches that CL batters would normally lay off of, making it tough for CL batteries to figure out how to pitch guys.

Interesting comments considering the top three teams in the inter-league series are the Giants, Tigers, and Swallows.
[ Author: Dragon Gull | Posted: May 23, 2005 11:10 AM | CD Fan ]

It's time to make a couple of changes. First, move to a five-man rotation (including Domingo, don't see the problem there) leaving Nakata to come in and help out if neccessary. Ochiai will do a job there, too.

Second, switch Kousuke and Tatsunami in the order to give Fukudome more of a chance to hit with runners on. Woods has to bat 4 (though switching him with Alex to 6 has some merit also), but Fukudome should be the star batter on the team, and having him after Tyrone means that often he will have struck out (on current form anyway) or every now and then have cleared the bases leaving Kousuke to start from scratch. That's what I reckon we should do anyway.

Got my plane tickets for Fukuoka next weekend, and will be there Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully we will have gained a bit of momentum following the Eagles series.

Come on you Dragons.
Inter-League Results?
[ Author: Guest: Cardiff Carp | Posted: May 23, 2005 9:38 PM ]

Can anyone give a link to a site showing a table for the inter-league games to date? I have found a site indicating that the Central League has 47 wins to the Pacific's 40 with two ties, but no breakdown/table.

Thanks.
Re: Inter-League Results?
[ Author: Guest: Ayya | Posted: May 25, 2005 10:30 AM ]

This has the date-wise scores: Yahoo! Schedules [in Japanese].

This one has the inter-league team-wise win/loss table: Inter-League Results [Nikkan Sports - in Japanese].
Re: Inter-League Results?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 26, 2005 10:50 AM ]

Borisov's Pro Yakyu 2005 also has a table of team's inter-league peformance to date, while also showing a breakdown of every team records versus every team. [Inter-League Standings]
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: May 27, 2005 8:28 AM ]

- Interleague is killing me. If they lose to Rakuten, I'm focusing on J-League for the rest of the year. I'm a little bitter right now.

Chunichi's fall from grace during the inter-league games has been one of the stories of the season so far.

Now that they didn't just lose a game to Rakuten, but got swept by them (at home), and indeed, humiliated by them in game 3, I hope you enjoy the rest of the J-League season.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: May 27, 2005 9:57 AM | TYS Fan ]

BTW, the above message was from me. (My PC didn't auto login.)
[ Author: badteacher | Posted: May 27, 2005 5:49 PM | CD Fan ]

I am a huge Omiya Ardija Fan. J-League Rules!

15-3 in the final game. One starter only went 3, Domingo went 2, Masa gave up 9 runs. The worst part is that they gotta do 18 more now. Ugly!
[ Author: tyrone_woods | Posted: Jun 1, 2005 5:26 AM | CD Fan ]

Hi! I'm a new user, fan of the Chunichi Dragons.

I think the Dragons have a psychological problem, but they have improved a lot the last few days, because they won in Fukuoka Dome and also in the first game with Lions. But the inter-league is killing me, too. Only 16 days left!

Bye.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.