Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dragons Consistency Part II

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Dragons Consistency Part II
Well, I said it before and nobody replied, so I'll say it again, slightly rephrased. The Dragons are nothing if not consistent, from consistently good to consistently, and painfully, bad.

Anyway, despite the results of late, the league has all come together, and as such, there is no way to think this is a lost cause, so I'll be singing my heart out until it becomes academic. And I, for one, don't believe that day'll come this season.

However, it's gotta be time for Ochiai to mix it up a bit and I feel tonight against Rakuten could be a good time to tinker with the order a little.

Let's hope for a big win tonight to gain some momentum before I go down to Fukuoka this weekend.

The revival starts here.
Comments
Re: Dragons Consistency Part II
[ Author: Dragsfan | Posted: Jun 1, 2005 9:11 AM | CD Fan ]

I hope you enjoyed Fukuoka.

Yes, they've been very consistent. The lineup is about the same as last year, except for the addition of Woods and with Tatsunami moving to left field (too many errors at third?). Morino has taken over third base (hitting about .300), so the lineup is more fixed than when they used a rotation of left fielders.

A Japanese article (here [SportsNava]) attributes the Drags' decline to:
  1. starters not lasting into the middle innings,
  2. the PL's foreign batters killing them (hitting .319 against the Drags' staff, where CL foreigners were hitting only .220 through the start of intra-league play), and
  3. weakness at the top of the lineup, specifically Araki.
Give Araki (BA of .259, OBP .300, 18 SB but only 13 BB and 29K) a rest for game or two?

Maybe the starters will pick up a little now that Domingo and Martinez are in the rotation? And Hiramatsu and Nagamine haven't pitched at all yet?

One bad thought is that they've done so poorly with no injuries - what's going to happen when someone does get hurt?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.