Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Toyohashi Citizen's Stadium / Softball Games on June 5th?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Toyohashi Citizen's Stadium / Softball Games on June 5th?
I am a French girl visiting Japan and who will be in Nagoya on June 5th. I leared that softball games will take place in the Toyohashi Citizen's Stadium from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, but as I do not speak Japanese, I have a hard time finding information on the net.

Do you know if I can buy tickets in advance or if I just have to show up at the stadium at 10:00 AM?

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can bring!
Comments
Re: Toyohashi Citizen's Stadium / Softball Games on June 5th?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 26, 2005 11:39 PM | YBS Fan ]

Information about the league (in Japanese) is available on the Japan Softball Association web site. The games you're looking into are the top Womens' Division.

Games will actually be played on the 4th and 5th of June at Toyohashi Shimin Kyujyo (I'd translate that as "Civic Stadium" - but your translation isn't incorrect). Here is the schedule of teams playing:

June 4:
10:00 Toyota Automotive vs. Hitachi and Renaissance Takasaki
12:00 Hitachi Software vs. Taiyo Yuden
14:00 Shionogi Pharmaceuticals vs. Denso

June 5:
10:00 Hitachi and Renaissance Takasaki vs. Hitachi Software
12:00 Shionogi Pharmaceuticals vs. Taiyo Yuden
14:00 Denso vs. Toyota Automotive

(I may have some of those names transliterated incorrectly.)

The teams on the left are the home teams and will be on the third base side.

I couldn't find any information on tickets or anything, but there is a phone number for the grounds: 0532-63-3031. Perhaps you can have a friend in Aichi call and find out.

Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.