Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Softbank Hawks vs. Yomiuri Giants Live?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Softbank Hawks vs. Yomiuri Giants Live?
Hello,

Does anyone know where to whatch the Hawks vs. Giants game live?
Comments
Re: Softbank Hawks vs. Yomiuri Giants Live?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 7:06 PM | YBS Fan ]

As mentioned in this thread over in the Media Guide forum (which is where such information is located), only Hawk home games are broadcast on the Internet, as are home Lion Games.

The Yomiuri Group has yet to enter the 21st Century with their web presence. For the most part, they still act like a paper-based media conglomerate.

Information on how to subscribe to G+, where all Giants' home games are broadcast, is available here [in Japanese], but only applies to those who live where geosynchronous satalites over Japan can be recieved.

Otherwise, you're best hope is to learn how to read the Yahoo! Pro Yakyu live games.

If I had any influence at all over the powers-that-be in Pro Yakyu, I would get all the teams to provide Internet broadcasts. But I'm afraid that I'm nothing more than an amusing sidebar so far as they're concerned, if I'm on their radar at all. The global audience is an untapped resource for Pro Yakyu that they don't even acknoledge the existence of.

Yes, I'm getting off topic here, but your quest for viewing games is not unique. A lot of people want to know how to watch games from outside of Japan. They all want it now. Unfortunately, only Softbank and Seibu offer such Internet broadcasts at the current time (to the best of my knowledge - I thought Rakuten was also going to, but that seems to have fallen through), only for home games.

How would you suggest that this situation be changed? How can this little community convince the powers-that-be that catering to the global community would be in their best interest?

I get about 30 lownloads per live game that I do. On a good day, I'll have two people tune in live. While I'm very happy to have 30 fans tune in (even time shifting by downloading the game MP3 after the game), I don't think that such an audience is enough to convince any team to go through the time and expense to start such a service. I realize it's important to you and about 30 others. But how can we make it important to NPB as a whole?
Re: Softbank Hawks vs. Yomiuri Giants Live?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 9:16 PM ]

- If I had any influence at all over the powers-that-be in Pro Yakyu, I would get all the teams to provide Internet broadcasts. But I'm afraid that I'm nothing more than an amusing sidebar so far as they're concerned, if I'm on their radar at all. The global audience is an untapped resource for Pro Yakyu that they don't even acknoledge the existence of.

I would first like to start by thinking you Michael, for creating and maintaining this website. Without this website, Borisov's Pro Yakyu 2005, and Gary Garland's Japan Baseball Daily, we would be completly lost on keeping up with Japanese baseball. I thank both of them for keeping and maintaining their websites.

Also, like I mentioned before in the topic "NPB Needs to Stop Sending Players to MLB," right now "the NPB is totally blind to the fact there are fans outside of Japan." It's like I said. The old-school owners are blind to want to reform the NPB for the 21st century, too. In today's day and age, there is no reason that there shouldn't be Internet broadcasting.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.