Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Oh's Bold Prediction

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Oh's Bold Prediction
Hawks' manager Oh has a bold statement about the race in the Pacific League. [Link - Nikkan Kyushu - in Japanese only].

According to Oh, the Hawks are "going to stretch the lead to five, or even ten games." In effect, he is guaranteeing that his team will finish in first place. He might be stoking a few fires here and there, but both teams are sure to take notice of his comments.
Comments
Re: Oh's Bold Prediction
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 3, 2005 2:16 PM ]

Well, as I am watching it right now, late this morning (July 3rd 1:00 AM EST), the Hawks are off to a great start. But I still think the Marines will stay in it for the whole season, with the race getting decided in the last week.

Though great hitting by the Hawks, back-to-back-to-back home runs by Matsunaka, Johijma, and Zuleta.
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Jul 5, 2005 3:24 AM | FSH Fan ]

I think the Hawks will meet his prediction of pulling 5 ahead soon. Possibly this week. The Hawks have the next few games at home, while the Marines won't see home ground for the next 6. I'm sure this is something Oh took into consideration before he made his prediction.
[ Author: himself | Posted: Jul 7, 2005 6:08 AM | FSH Fan ]

As of right now, the Hawks are only a half-game from having that five-game lead over the Marines. [Pacific League Standings - Borisov's Pro Yakyu]
[ Author: holygoat | Posted: Jul 7, 2005 8:50 AM | HT Fan ]

- As of right now, the Hawks are only a half-game from having that five-game lead over the Marines.

15 wins in a row will do that. What an amazing run.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.