Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Another Injury for Kazuo Matsui?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Another Injury for Kazuo Matsui?
The die-hard Mets fans want replays to show how he got hurt. They say it's very simple - Kaz plays a week or two then gets hurt. Second baseman Cairo on WFGR radio says it doesn't matter to him anymore. He thought he (Cairo) gave the Mets the best at second base and now they're going to use a AAA player, so he feels his season is over and he'll be gone.

But he is very bitter about the Mets treating Kaz as the franchise player while he (Cairo) did everything the Mets and Randolph asked.

A side comment by Reyes said that it's hard to turn a double play with Kazuo.
Comments
Re: Another Injury for Kazuo Matsui?
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Sep 19, 2005 1:09 PM ]

Whatever the case, though he has helped the team out a lot, Reyes is somewhat arrogant and I have seen him snub Matsui when Kazuo was congrat'ing him on something a number of times recently. In addition to occasionally showing attitude toward other teammates on the field, Reyes is perhaps not an individual to consult in matters regarding Matsui.

But the new injury is annoying. I think Matsui's a great player, but maybe he's just not meant to be in NY. It would be great to see him get another chance someplace else and see if things evolve differently.
Re: Another Injury for Kazuo Matsui?
[ Author: Guest: JOE KALESNIK | Posted: Sep 20, 2005 6:56 AM ]

No doubt Reyes is in a bubble by himself. The Mets were doing great, then Willie R. started to manage headline news instead of the team. The New York Mets fans will not boo Willie, but on Talk Radio and the sports pages, they are saying that he lost control of the team like Art Howe did. He's pampered Kaz, yet players were playing hurt to win.

I foresee a lot of players getting those mysterious Kaz injuries in the next week or so and the team will use AAA and subs for the rest of the season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.