Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Softbank Aces vs. Shimizu, Serafini, and Kuroki

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Softbank Aces vs. Shimizu, Serafini, and Kuroki
So I've read that the Marines are sending out Shimizu, Serafini, and Kuroki for the first three playoff games. Softbank will obviously send out Sugiuchi, Saitoh, and Wada as their first three.

Is Bobby a genius, or are we handing them the pennant? I agree with Serafini being in there, but I really don't know about the other two. Maybe they know the matchups better than I do. All I know is if Shimizu has a typical Shimizu-like outing for the rest of the post-season, he can kiss any MLB interest goodbye. MLB needs more Hiroki Kuroda and less Keiichi Yabu.
Comments
Re: Softbank Aces vs. Shimizu, Serafini, and Kuroki
[ Author: KevvyG | Posted: Oct 13, 2005 11:44 PM | SL Fan ]

Let me ask, you don't really know about Johnny?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 14, 2005 1:19 AM | CLM Fan ]

I know the Marines, so just stop. Kuroki has come back well this year, but he hasn't proven himself as well as some of the others. Luckily, the Marines squeaked by with solid starts from Serafini and Shimizu.

Kuroki used to be an all-star. The keyword there is "used," if you couldn't tell. I know it's fun for the fan nostalgia to put him in there for an important game. However, people who don't doubt his current abilities are the same people who think Curt Schilling is still an ace.

I'd love to see him go back to his old form, because the Marines will need him in the rotation next year.
[ Author: KevvyG | Posted: Oct 14, 2005 5:23 PM | SL Fan ]

Sorry to offend. With a bit of luck Kuroki will regain most of his old form and prove invaluable to you next year, if not some part in the post season.

I truely hope Lotte win both series'. I have very fond memories of Marine Stadium.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.