Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Bobby V. and Tad Iguchi's Hairstyle

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Bobby V. and Tad Iguchi's Hairstyle
I'm not a fashion snob or anything, but I've been meaning to write about this for a while now, ever since I saw Bobby Valentine featured in the Japanese magazine "Vs" a couple of months ago. What is up with Bobby V's hair? He used to have his hair poofed up like Michael Douglas' and it looked alright. But now his hair looks like someone pasted it on with Elmer's glue or something. I think he should go back to his old hair style.

Tad Iguchi's hair is pretty bad also. The "2-block look" (long on top, buzzed on the sides and back) was popular in the late 1980s and early '90s, especially in Japan, but that hairstyle went away (thank god) over 10 years ago. The only people you see with that hairstyle nowadays are people in Korea and Asian-Americans in the U.S., but even then the number of people who sport that look are few and far between.

BTW, I like Iguchi, but I hope the ChiSox don't win the ALCS, just because they don't deserve it. That call in Game 2 (Pierszynski's strikeout) was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The other umpires have no backbone. They should've had the guts to reverse the call.
Comments
Re: Bobby V. and Tad Iguchi's Hairstyle
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 15, 2005 11:33 PM | CLM Fan ]

A ball game is won in 9 innings. The Sox deserve to win if they keep beating the Angels at home. The only complete games any starting pitchers have thrown so far in the playoffs have been Buerhle and Garland against the Angels.

Anyway, this is a really foolish thread. If Iguchi were more focused on his fashion like Kazuo Matsui or Shinjo, he wouldn't be such a success. He's married and has a kid. He's not trying to impress any ladies.
[ Author: Guest: Kenny | Posted: Oct 16, 2005 12:54 AM ]

I agree that it is silly to talk about players' hairstyles, but I just think that Iguchi's haircut is the worst haircut in MLB since Pete Rose's bowl cut in the 1970s. Iguchi should stop getting his hair cut at Supercuts. He looks like Ross Perot.

Just so you know, Kaz Matsui and Shinjo are both married with kids also, but it doesn't stop them from being fashionable. Being fashionable didn't help them any in MLB, but you have to give them some credit for having some flair.

I do agree with you about the ChiSox - if they do keep on winning at Anaheim, then they do deserve to win the ALCS. But it's unfortunate that that one call might've changed the whole series.
[ Author: locked_up | Posted: Oct 16, 2005 5:29 AM | SL Fan ]

Talking about hair styles, Kazuo Matsui has the best hair styles ever. I liked his blonde Japanese mullet. It looked so cool on him.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Oct 16, 2005 9:57 AM | HT Fan ]

This is all very amusing. I don't even notice the hairstyles because whenever I watch ballplayers in action they're always wearing caps.

I take next to no interest in what these guys say, do, or wear off the field. It's what they do on the field that really counts.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 17, 2005 9:59 AM ]

But it's still fun to talk about it. Love him or hate him, Shinjo gives the Fighters (what used to be) badly needed publicity. Heck, even Ichiro has flair.
[ Author: KevvyG | Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:07 PM | SL Fan ]

Fact: Iguchi's hair is cut by his wife, that may explain why it's not the coolest in town.
[ Author: Guest: Kenny | Posted: Oct 18, 2005 7:24 PM ]

That's hilarious! I did not know that. Flowbee, anyone? Iguchi and his wife should do infomercials for Flowbee and talk about how much money they've saved on haircuts.

I watched the Marines' beer celebration last night and I'm sorry, but Bobby V's hair is really bad. I think he's trying to copy Steve McQueen's hairstyle, but his hair is more Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds when they were losing their hair.
[ Author: Animaru Resulie | Posted: Oct 19, 2005 1:26 PM | HT Fan ]

Come on, give Bobby a break. After you're 50, there's not much you can do about your hair, or what's left of it. (And it is possible that's not his real hair.)

Methinks one player who does have to do something about his hair is Igawa of the Tigers. Great pitcher, terrible hair. My hand reaches out towards a pair of scissors everytime I see him pitch.

When Hoshino SD was manager of the Tigers, a reporter asked him what he thought of the David Beckham boom in Japan, to which he replied something to the effect of "Everybody thinks David Beckham is handsome? You gotta be kidding me! We got better looking guys on the Tigers, Igawa for example." I laughed till I cried.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 19, 2005 10:20 PM | CLM Fan ]

Hoshino is the man.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.