Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Godzilla and Ichiro

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Godzilla and Ichiro
I wish to post the following hypothetical situation: What if Godzilla signed with the Seattle Mariners? Would a lineup that included the god-like Ichiro and the inimitable Godzilla not be superior?

Imagine a better scenario than Ichiro stealing 2nd, 3rd, and home, tying the score in the 7th game of the World Series in 2003. The game goes into extra innings. The M's come up in the bottom of the extra inning. Imagine that the next batter up is Godzilla and he then smacks the next available pitch for the game-winning homer. Game, set, match!!!

I thought that Sony was involved with the Mariners and if that is true, then there should be plenty of booty to go around to induce Mr. Matsui to the M's. I can imagine an instantly classic video game with Ichiro and Godzilla running around the bases. What do you think?
Comments
Re: Godzilla and Ichiro
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Nov 25, 2002 12:54 AM | HT Fan ]

Not gonna happen.

Owner: M's won't chase 'Godzilla'
"We have already reinforced our outfielders, so we are not interested in Hideki Matsui," Yamauchi said of the Yomiuri Giants star. "We will not make him an offer."

Re: Godzilla and Ichiro
[ Author: Yakyu Rhodes | Posted: Dec 19, 2002 1:26 PM ]

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I try to follow baseball, particularly Japanese/American when I can, and also own a video game from Japan (Pro Yakyu de Asobouneto) that has real Japanese players in it, circa 2000.

I think it is nice that Seattle has a lot of Japanese baseball players (Ichiro, Sasaki, Hasegawa; in relation to the other MLB teams), but I do not think they will sign Godzilla. Unfortunately, those guys in pinstripes (you know the name) will probably sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract.

In the meantime, they are also trying to sign Jose Contreras, a free agent now, formerly of the Cuban National Team. The Yankees should not sign this big bat, rather they could use some consistent pitching; personally I would like to see the Mets (who may get Nakamura, the less-mentioned of the Japanese players to come test the US market) or the Expos (MLB's "richest" team) sign him. If Seattle signed him, then ... looks like I might just need to buy a plane ticket to Safeco Field!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.