Where to for Tuffy Rhodes?
Any ideas on where Rhodes will end up?
Comments
Re: Where to for Tuffy Rhodes?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 26, 2005 4:14 PM ]

Orix?
[ Author: Jen Wei | Posted: Dec 26, 2005 8:26 PM | HNHF Fan ]

I don't think he will play in Japan next season.
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Dec 28, 2005 9:49 AM ]

I doubt Tuffy Rhodes will be signed by Orix.

Is Orix still after Dan Serafini?
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Jan 2, 2006 1:29 PM ]

Hi, I just read a report that Orix is trying to sign Tuffy Rhodes. It's getting crowded at Orix with all the signings. Let's sign Serafini, too.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 3, 2006 12:29 AM ]

Orix has been rumored as a team to be interested in Tuffy Rhodes all winter. I either had moving to Orix or Rakuten if he stayed.

Remember, Rhodes was a star behind former Kintetsu Buffalo third baseman Norihiro Nakamura who is also back now. It will be interesting for sure nontheless, with Rhodes, Kiyohara, and Nakamura.

Also with the new signing Jason Grabowski, who is a great signing in my opinion, next year looks more brighter for Orix than people are giving credit to them for.
[ Author: Guest: ichiro | Posted: Jan 8, 2006 3:22 PM ]

Filling JP's shoes will be tough and Orix did a nice job of bringing in pitchers Serafini and Davey.
[ Author: Guest: Kenny | Posted: Feb 6, 2006 10:24 PM ]

I guess it's the end of the road for Tuffy Rhodes' long journey through NPB. What should've been a great finish to a great NPB career suddenly took a strange twist last season that even a Hollywood script writer couldn't come up with. Here was a well-respected, well-spoken foreigner who was loved by fans and teammates alike who suddenly tarnished his glowing reputation by acting like a prima donna by ripping coaches and teammates in the press, declining "hero" interviews, and basically digging his own grave by blasting the whole organization.

I respect Tuffy and wish he would've gotten another chance with another NPB team this season, but it doesn't appear likely to happen.
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Feb 7, 2006 10:19 AM ]

Orix is not interested in Tuffy Rhodes? I thought after making sure he was healthy they would sign him.
[ Author: Guest: Kenny | Posted: Feb 7, 2006 11:31 PM ]

No, I don't think Orix is interested in Rhodes. I haven't heard anything about any team in Japan being remotely interested in signing Rhodes.

You can stick a fork in Tuffy - he's finished in Japan.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 8, 2006 2:28 PM ]

There was some discussion about Orix signing Rhodes, but it didn't happen.

Rhodes' long career in Japan is over it looks like. After last years' actions by Rhodes, it became unlikely that any team would sign him.
[ Author: Guest: Yusuke | Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:31 PM ]

The Cincinnati Reds signed Rhodes to a minor-league contract and invited him to Spring training.
[ Author: Guest: Kenny | Posted: Feb 15, 2006 11:45 PM ]

Good for him. Although he lives in Houston now, he's another in a long line of great players who've come out of Cincinnati, so it'll be interesting to see if he can make his hometown team.

I just want to say good luck to the pre-2005 Tuffy and good riddance to the guy who must've been an imposter wearing #20 for the Giants in '05.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:27 AM ]

It will be interesting to see if Rhodes will make the Reds. Though he'll be fighting fellow non-roster invitees Quinton McCracken [Baseball-Reference] and Jacob Cruz [Baseball-Reference], who have played full years in the majors last year. Other competition includes newly acquired Tony Womack, who also played outfield with the Yankees last year, and Chris Denorfia [Minor League Baseball], who had a great year in AA Chattanooga and AAA Louisville, and continued that into the Arizona Fall League, not to mention being named the Reds' 2005 Minor League Player of the Year. Ryan Freel will play in the outfield, too. Rhodes might have picked the wrong team to sign with.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.