Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Alfonso Soriano

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Alfonso Soriano
All,

I'm working on a project on Soriano's 2002 season. I know he played with Carp in 1996-97. I'm trying to find out who was on those teams then and who was the manager. Did he play with anyone then who's now in the bigs, etc? Any info is appreciated!
Comments
Re: Alfonso Soriano
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 16, 2003 10:10 AM | YBS Fan ]

You can find who was on the teams here:

Toshiyuki Mimura was the manager back then, but I can't remember a thing about him off hand.

Robinson Checo is the only player I know of from then who defected to the Majors (Boston, I believe). I don't really pay attention to the foreign players after they leave Japan, so maybe you'll recognize some of the other names.

Hope this helps.

[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Jan 16, 2003 10:27 AM | CHU Fan ]

Timo Perez of the 1996 Carp has played for the Mets.
[ Author: Guest: Cody Monk | Posted: Jan 21, 2003 2:54 AM ]

I really appreciate your help. I follow Japanese baseball from afar so I really appreciate you getting me up to speed!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.