Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Horible Swallows Pitching

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Horible Swallows Pitching
After watching the practice game between the Tigers and the Swallows, the Swallows' pitching looked horrendous. I hope they were just rookies on the mound, but if thoses were relievers than there's trouble.
Comments
Re: Horible Swallows Pitching
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Feb 23, 2006 8:40 AM | YAK Fan ]

Settle down, this is spring training. They're allowed to be horrible until the season begins. The veterans will pick it up eventually.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Feb 23, 2006 3:33 PM | TYS Fan ]

I agree with JBB. These are just the opening throes of Spring training. Wasn't that game the first practice match of training, too?

Either way, it's waaay to early to be judging. I think things are looking on paper pretty promising on the pitching front myself, but we won't know for sure until the open-sen starts, and ultimately, until the first pitch is thrown on March 31st at Jingu.
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Feb 23, 2006 6:39 PM | SL Fan ]

Spring training games are meaningless. Their stats don't reflect the upcoming regular season stats, and neither does the team record. Players are just adjusting and getting ready for the season in their own way (sometimes getting lit up or striking out in the process of working on a specific skill, etc.).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.