Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seeing The Tigers At Koshien

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Seeing The Tigers At Koshien
I am going to be in Osaka on the 11th, the day before my trip home to DC (and my Nationals! Woo!), and it looks like the Tigers will be playing the Dragons that night at home. How hard would it be, do you think, for me to get tickets? I have a friend who lives in Tokyo (where I will be from the 31st of March through the 3rd of April); should I ask him to see if he can get tickets for me and my friend? Is it something I can just go to the box office to get the day of the game? Or should I give up on trying to see a baseball game in Japan.

Actually, I'm going to be in Hiroshima from the 5th 'til the 8th as well. Would I have better luck trying to get tickets to a game there?

I've heard so much about baseball games in Japan!

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

-- Kathy
Comments
Re: Seeing The Tigers At Koshien
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:39 AM | FSH Fan ]

If it's April 11th you're talking about, it might not be a sellout on a Tuesday night, unless it's their first game, which I don't think it is.

Hiroshima almost never sells out, so if there is a game there you will have no trouble. It's also a very cute, old stadium right next to the Atomic Bomb memorial.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 9:30 AM | HAN Fan ]

Ask your friend to try a convenience store or Ticket Pia for Koshien tickets. You might still be able to get them, though Dragons/Tigers is a sellout game. Hiroshima is easier.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 11:11 AM ]

According to the Hanshin Tigers Tickets site (in Japanese) there are some tickets still available.

I'd get your friend to get along to a Lawsons convenience store or TicketPia ASAP.

Try and get to Koshien as the atmosphere is so much better than a half full Hiroshima Stadium.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 12:42 PM | YBS Fan ]

- [Hiroshima Stadium is] also a very cute, old stadium ...

Old, yes. Cute? Mmmm. That's not exactly a word I'd use to describe Hiroshima Shimin Kyujyo. Cosy would work, though.
[ Author: Guest: Katya | Posted: Mar 22, 2006 11:13 AM ]

Thank you so much for your input! Ooooh so excited.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.