Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Purely greedy

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Purely greedy
Alright Westbay-san, bear with me on this one.

It turns out that a girl I met knows a member of the Chiba Lotte Marines. Well, being a marine fan, I invited her to the games at koshien. Problem: the guy's name is Ohmatsu (or Omatsu, whatever) and i know nothing about him. For purely selfish reasons, can someone help me out with stats?
Comments
Re: Purely greedy
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:14 PM | HAN Fan ]

Try the current player stats under Ohmatsu
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 9:49 AM ]

> Try the current player stats under Ohmatsu

can you post me a link or is it on this site?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 12:35 PM | HAN Fan ]

Click on 'players' on the red bar at the top of the page. Then on 'O'. Scroll down until you reach Ohmatsu.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 1:25 PM | YBS Fan ]

Here is the link to Shoitsu Ohmatsu of the 2006 Chiba Lotte Marines.

It's a good idea to get a feel for how to find players. The process described above is one way. If you know he's on the Marines, click on "Teams" above, then the "Players" link next to "Chiba Lotte Marines." You can also narrow down the players to a specific year by modifying the URL to this players link.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2006 4:08 PM | CLM Fan ]

That's awesome. Ohmatsu is one of the Marines' top outfield prospects. He was the #2 power hitter on the champion farm team last year. Takehara was #1.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 3:57 PM | CLM Fan ]

Last year, Ohmatsu batted .288 with 14 HRs, 55 RBIs, and 4 SBs in 274 ABs for the Chiba Lotte farm team.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 15, 2006 4:09 PM | CLM Fan ]

Ohmatsu just hit his first pro homerun, and it was a grand slam! I believe this was also his first pro start. Looks like Valentine is starting a couple younger players to build up some competition on the team. Guess he got sick of seeing his bats do nothing. Great move by him.
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Apr 15, 2006 8:30 PM ]

I have always wondered but now I know, the way to a girls
heart is via baseball stats.
[ Author: buymeabeer | Posted: Apr 17, 2006 3:04 PM | CLM Fan ]

a little bat-and-ball, and a small red trumpet that i'm just waiting for my chance to play in the oendan...rock.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.