Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Help - Jeff Williams baseball cards

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Help - Jeff Williams baseball cards
G'day,

I maintain a website [e-wire.net.au] that has checklists and pictures of cards of Australians who have played Major League Baseball.

I believe that Jeff Williams, who is currently playing for the Hanshin Tigers, appears on some of the baseball cards that have been released in Japan this year. Can anybody provide me the details of which cards he is on? I am also interested in buying or trading to get one of each these cards.

I have already looked at YakyuShop and Rob's Baseball Cards, but they don't have the specific cards I am after. YakyuShop says that Jeff Williams is in the 2003 Hanshin Tigers card set, but doesn't say which card number is his.

Thanks for your help,

Adam
Comments
Re: Help - Jeff Williams baseball cards
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 2, 2003 1:26 PM | HT Fan ]

G'day Adam. I'm afraid I can't help you with the cards, but you certainly answered this question brilliantly. Thanks a lot.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 2, 2003 3:01 PM | HT Fan ]

Just found and picked up a Jeff Williams card (the only one the store had!).

If you want it, you can get hold of me at enquiries at transoul dot com.
[ Author: Guest: Darren | Posted: May 28, 2003 6:51 AM ]

Adam,

I actually have a Jeff Williams baseball card from his A, AA, & AAA Teams in the U.S. and will be getting some of his Japanese ones soon. When I do I will let you know, and am happy to send you one. Are you in Sydney?
[ Author: Guest: aussiex3 | Posted: May 29, 2003 4:42 PM ]

Actually, I'm in Perth. I do have a copy of the Hanshin Tigers' card thanks to Gareth, but I'm still after a copy of his BBM Japan League card, as well as several minor league cards. Will e-mail you in private with more info, thanks.

- Adam
[ Author: Guest: aussiex3 | Posted: Feb 12, 2004 2:28 PM ]

I am after help once again.

I have discovered some more of Jeff Williams' NPB cards which I need:
  • BBM 2003 1st version - card # 103
  • BBM 2003 Hanshin Tigers Victory Road - card # 22 (I think!)
  • Konami Prime Nine 2003 Booster - card # PN03B1-005
Is there anybody who is able to help me obtain these cards?

Also, I do know that these cards do appear on the www.bidders.co.jp web site for auction, but I have been unable to successfully register on that web site to bid. I do not read or write Japanese either, so I have to rely upon translations of the web pages by Babelfish, which is not always accurate. If there is somebody out there with a www.bidders.co.jp account (who obviously can read Japanese) could they help me as a "go between" to help me buy some of these cards from those auctions?

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.