Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ex-Hanshin players

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Ex-Hanshin players
Just something interesting I noted a couple of days ago. I think six ex-Hanshin Tigers players were starting for the Pacific League teams: Hoshino, Matsuda, Tsuboi, Hirao, Kitagawa, and Shiotani, all either traded, sold, or released(?) by Hanshin. All teams in the Pacific League other than the Lotte Marines had an ex-Tiger on their starting line-up. Interesting...
Comments
Re: Ex-Hanshin players
[ Author: Guest: shishimaru | Posted: May 21, 2003 7:38 AM ]

Do you know if Takanami starts for the Lions? I've seen him playing a couple of times, but does he start often?
Re: Ex-Hanshin players
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 21, 2003 9:39 AM | HT Fan ]

- Do you know if Takanami starts for the Lions?

Don't have any details (sorry), but rumour has it that he is a regular starter.

I was sorry to see him go; he was referred to as Idaten at Hanshin, which the dictionary defines as "a swift-running heavenly warrior; a great runner." He was very quick, but he just couldn't break into the starting line-up. While he was a great pinch runner, it was a waste of his talents.

Good to hear (through the grapevine) that he's doing well.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.