Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Masato Yoshii

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Masato Yoshii
How is Masato Yoshii doing for Orix? He was a great guy and a heady pitcher for the Mets. I hope he's doing well.
Comments
Re: Masato Yoshii
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 14, 2003 10:03 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm afraid that he's not doing so well. The BlueWave's stats page currently shows Yoshii as being 2 and 7 with a 6.51 ERA. That's on the bad side of Orix's 12 team worst 5.93 ERA. Wish I had better news.
[ Author: Guest: Suraj Rupani | Posted: Aug 18, 2003 2:53 PM ]

He's out for the season, and may retire.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 18, 2003 9:25 PM | YBS Fan ]

To elaborate on what Rupani-san said, Yoshii announced after the game at Yahoo BB Stadium on Sunday, August 17, 2003 that he was to have his left ankle operated on as it was causing him too much pain in everyday life, not just while throwing. He said that he won't know whether he'll ever pitch again until after the operation, thus his impending retirement is being predicted by Nikkan Sports (and most likely others).

Yano-san (honbucho of the club) said that there was nothing that could be said at this stage, but he would like to re-sign Yoshii next season if possible. Whether as a pitcher or as staff is unclear.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.