Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kazuhiro Wada becoming Hideki Matsui?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Kazuhiro Wada becoming Hideki Matsui?
When did Kazuhiro Wada turn into Hideki Matsui?

He's hitting .350/.436/.683 with a .332 isolated power. Compare those numbers to Hideki's from 2000 to 2002: .328/.454/.655 with a .327 isolated power. Now I'm not suggesting that Wada's career has come close to Matsui's, but he's certainly having a season worthy of Godzilla.
Comments
Re: Kazuhiro Wada becoming Hideki Matsui?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 18, 2003 9:44 PM | YBS Fan ]

It seemed to me that Wada was a bit of a disppointment with the Lions last season, even though he ranked 5th in batting average and had 81 RBIs. Hmm. 33 home runs? Maybe it was 2001 that he didn't fill the hole they were looking to fill?

No! It was the Nippon Series that he fell flat on his face. Now I remember. He was hyped about by the announcers going into last year's Series, but failed to produce - at all. Wada went 0 for 15 (plus a walk) in the Series that saw Seibu lose all four games in a row.

When I saw Wada hit well in this year's All Star Series, I also thought that he was improving a great deal. But looking at last year's stats, it looks like he's just continuing with his second very good season in a row, still improving as he gets more experience.

I guess the image of him in the Nippon Series has warped my impression of Wada over all.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.