Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Wally Yonamine and the NFL

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Wally Yonamine and the NFL
I was looking through the baseball calendar that I've made and saw that Wally Yonamine was in the U.S. National Football League and had forty yards receiving in 1947. Does anyone know any other NFL facts about Yonamine-san?
Comments
Re: Wally Yonamine and the NFL
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 3, 2004 2:18 PM | HAN Fan ]

I've seen old San Francsico 49er programs with Wally in them.
[ Author: Guest: Robert Fitts | Posted: Jul 9, 2004 4:03 AM ]

Wally Yonamine played on the 1947 San Francisco 49ers. He was a second string halfback and kick off and punt returner. He had 74 rushing yards in 19 attempts, 3 catches for 40 yards, 7 kickoff returns for 127 yards and 2 punt returns for 29 yards. He also played professional football with the Hawaiian Warriors in 1948-49.

He was invited to the San Francisco Seals training camp in 1950 and spent the season with the Saly Lake City Bees. For more information on Wally Yonamine, please see my oral history of Japanese baseball which will be published by the University of Southern Illinois Press next spring. I am currently working on Yonamine's biography.

Rob Fitts
[ Author: Guest: Thomas | Posted: Jul 28, 2004 2:13 PM ]

Unless you wrote this, here ya go:
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.