Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sachio Kinugasa

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Sachio Kinugasa
Sachio Kinugasa: "Best known for his 2215 consecutive game streak. Played third base in 60% of his team's games and first in half his team's games. Ordinarily this would suggest his defense at third was a weakness-but the two Gold Gloves he got were both at third base."

Gonna be tough for a good match. Since second basemen and shortstops weren't ranked high in Albright's old system, I'm tempted to finally insert one such as Wagner or Hornsby, but I'll wait. You can go with Ripken for the consecutive game streak, and he did play some third base, or you can go with Brett for both also playing first base. Maybe Brett because of the stolen bases, if we didn't use him already.
Comments
Re: Sachio Kinugasa
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Feb 3, 2004 11:33 AM ]

Kinugasa, with a .270 average and 504 HR, and as a 1B/3B hybrid together with his determination to stay in the lineup, is truly unique. I'd start with Eddie Mathews, due to the average and HR total, even though Eddie batted left handed. The playing streak goes out the window, but the positioning is close, and the other stuff works out. We've already used Schmidt, so that lets him out. I wouldn't use middle infielders because of the defensive difference, and those with significantly higher MLB averages also should be excluded. That leaves out all the guys you mentioned.

I may have already told you about this, but some basic career data is available here [BaseballGuru.com] for hitters and here for pitchers.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.