Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mr. Baseball

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Mr. Baseball
I'll tell you what, after 3 years of Japanese baseball, that movie [Mr. Baseball] is not so out dated. It's very close still to this day. I don't know about the Pacific League too much, but it's not too far off overall!

Baseball in America has changed big time! I'd be happy to tell you the difference. I may have a book in the works, and it'll be very pro NPB.
Comments
Re: Mr. Baseball
[ Author: Martin | Posted: Feb 17, 2004 10:15 PM | SL Fan ]

Hello Alan,

I have seen the movie Mr. Baseball and was quiet surprised about their training techniques. In the past, players used to practice so hard that they were too tired to compete during games. How was it when you were in Japan? Is training (camp) still very hard?

It would be great if you would write about your baseball experience in Japan. I would certainly buy the book.

Good luck with your baseball career, hope to see you back in Japan some day.

Matin
[ Author: Guest: Alan Newman | Posted: Feb 20, 2004 6:04 PM ]

Actually a lot hasn't really changed, but some teams have updated the program. Yakult is a very American style team. I loved the fact that they don't pannic when the smallest thing goes wrong!
[ Author: Martin | Posted: Feb 20, 2004 9:30 PM | SL Fan ]

Hello Alan,

Could you please give us some differences between MLB and NPB? I'm thinking about differences in practice, game attitude, coaching, team spirit, the fans, the stadiums, travelling, etc.

I, and I think many more people, would be very happy if you could give us some more information.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Martin
[ Author: Guest: McGarry | Posted: Sep 1, 2004 3:58 AM ]

Allan, where are you at? Call or e-mail me.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.