Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Starting Yakyu Column

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Starting Yakyu Column
Hey all,

I'm a die-hard New York Met fan, and for the past few years my interest has spiked in Japanese baseball. (And as I say this, I am watching Kaz Matsui playing in a Met uniform - he's 1-1 with a single and a great diving play, but an errant throw which could have been saved by a good play by the first base, which was scored a hit.)

I've covered the Mets for NYFansonly.com/Yahoo! Sports for the past three years (you can find my archive here - theinsiders.com]), and I was offered a job, in addition to my writing for NYFansonly.com, to write for the web site BostonGM.com, which is also affiliated with Yahoo! Sports. I will be writing scouting reports for prospects, but I will also have my own regular column about baseball in general.

I have been given permission to include information, opinions, etc. about Yakyu, and although the column doesn't start until April, I'd like to know if anyone had any early story ideas. I am unable to read all the Yakyu news every day because I am unable to read kanji (I'm teaching myself Romanji very slowly), so if anyone could let me know about big stories and the details, I'd be very appreciative. My email is JDZakarin at yahoo d0t com, and I look forward to hearing from everyone and anyone.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.