Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yesterday's Olympic Baseball - Cuba vs. Japan

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Yesterday's Olympic Baseball - Cuba vs. Japan
Yesterday's Olympic Baseball Game between Cuba and Japan was broadcast live on TV in Canada by TSN. While Japan was impresive in getting the win, Seibu's Daisuke Matsuzaka, in my opinion, was the game MVP. I see why he is watched by many Major League scouts.

However, he seems to have a small problem; pitching into late innings. While he was great for the first 8 innings, he almost blew it in the 9th. Japan's bullpen had to keep Cuba from "coming back to life." Matsuzaka reminded me of Boston's Pedro Martinez, who pitched one inning longer than he should have last year against the Yankees.
Comments
Re: Yesterday's Olympic Baseball - Cuba vs. Japan
[ Author: seiyu | Posted: Aug 20, 2004 4:46 AM ]

Japanese managers tend to keep the pitchers in for much longer time than the Americans. It's not Matsuzaka's problem. He has pitched enough complete game in his life!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.