Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Merger/Expansion Team

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Merger/Expansion Team
I'm going to open this question up to anyone. Does anyone know which 25 players the Orix Buffawaves are going to keep? Is Sendai only allowed to pick up free agents and castoffs? Are they gonna have an expansion draft like in the U.S. where some players go unprotected?

What happens to the second teams of the Buffaloes and BlueWave? Do you think Orix will name their second team BlueWave so they can re-use the uniforms?

I have more questions and most are serious. I'm just wondering how a team is going to perform with all castoffs? What is the record for most losses in a season?
Comments
Worst Record Ever
[ Author: Heian-794 | Posted: Oct 29, 2004 2:35 AM | HT Fan ]

The Buffaloes lost 103 in 1961 and were 51 1/2 games out of first place. [Link - Wikipedia in Japanese]
Re: Merger/Expansion Team
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 29, 2004 10:16 AM ]

The new team will be allowed to protect 28 players, the rest of them will go in to a draft. For more on this topic read the "Pacific League Agrees to 28 Protected Players."

[Note from Admin: After the Central League had their say, it was reduced to 25. Then with the new team being added, the picking order and numbers have been modified. The information in the above mentioned thread has become outdated.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.