Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Young Hawks players

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Young Hawks players
The Hawks have a number of young players who have not seen much playing time. Could you give me some background/scouting on:

Mizuki
Akashi
Katoh
Ide

And, can anyone give any explination as to why Saitoh fell off so much this year? He won 20 games last year, and this year had an ERA in the 6's. Did he pitch hurt? Anything else?

Arigatoo!
Comments
Re: Young Hawks Players
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 18, 2004 11:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

I hadn't seen them personally, so I can't say much about them.

Stats for ni-gun won't be published until the end of December, so there's very little information to go on at the moment.

Sorry.
Re: Young Hawks Players
[ Author: daijnj | Posted: Nov 21, 2004 8:44 PM | FSH Fan ]

I saw Mizuki play quite a few games. He seems quite adequate defensively, a little less that average a hitter. Akashi opened with a bang (a triple) then did nothing else. I think they both might have possibilities in a couple of years.

The question with Saitoh shoud be, "What happened to him in 2003?" If you look at his stats, he was just back to normal in 2004. This was obvious midway through the year, but they still kept touting hims as the Hawks' "Ace."
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.