Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Team colors

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Team colors
Do team colors play any significance in NPB? For example, the Hawks are white, black, and orange - very similar to white black, and red, which, at least to foreigners, seem like the official colors of Japan. Is that why they have those colors? I mean, they had green when they were in Osaka. Why the change?

The Lions are blue and green, but I know of no blue or green lion.

I would guess the Kyojin are black and orange like the MLB Giants.

Does anybody know about team colors?
Comments
Re: Team Colors
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Nov 23, 2004 1:17 AM | HT Fan ]

The corporate colors of Daiei, the current owners of the Hawks, are black and orange.
[ Author: InterestedAmericanObserver | Posted: Nov 23, 2004 1:27 PM ]

So, will the Hawks' colors change now that they are owned by Softbank?
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Nov 23, 2004 3:20 PM | HT Fan ]

Well that's a good question - do you know what Softbank's corporate colors are? Their web site provides few clues. So I'd say not - especially as the team will be staying where it is. Why confuse the fans without good cause? (But of course this is Japan, so normal logic doesn't necessarily apply.)
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 23, 2004 11:31 PM | YBS Fan ]

Softbank's logo is black lettering on a yellow background. I have a number of magazines from Softbank Publishing, like "UNIX USER" here on my desk.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Nov 24, 2004 12:25 AM | HT Fan ]

Ah yes, but is it as prominent or consistently used as Daiei's black and orange? Have a look at some of their web sites:The logo is very small, and the colors appear nowhere else except in the logo. All the sites have different color schemes, and the Softbank BB site even has a different logo - purple and black.

So my point is that as Softbank doesn't use a consistent set of corporate colors, they probably won't need to change the uniform.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.