Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Team Newsletters

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Team Newsletters
I saw an article on the Sankei Sports web site [Link] (Japanese only), stating that the Yokohama BayStars will cease publication of their monthly newsletter, with November, 2004 being the final issue.

I've seen the Yakult Swallows' monthly publication a few times (can't remember the name), but I can't recall seeing a Seibu Lions' newsletter in the times that I've been to Seibu Dome.

My question is, how many teams in NPB have monthly newsletters, and how many of you have seen or actually read them?
Comments
Re: Team Newsletters
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Nov 24, 2004 11:18 AM ]

Looking through the team web sites, I only found two teams with official newsletters. The Fighters [Link] and the Giants [Link]. I'm sure there's probably more, too. The Marines also have an official mail report on their web site.
Re: Team Newsletters
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Nov 24, 2004 5:27 PM | YAK Fan ]

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I was looking to see how many teams "printed out" their newsletters. I receive the Yakult Swallows' monthly webzine e-mail, but as I recall, the content is different from the printed magazine I got. (BTW, if I remember correctly, I think the name of the Swallows' printed magazine is "Ondo"?)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.