Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cabrera's Information

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Cabrera's Information
Thanks for having an Internet site where fanatics of baseball can have some information about our players. I'm from Venezuela. I'm really interesting in getting information about what is going on with Alex Cabrera. I think that he is a great player, gorgeous, and a real powerful player in Japanese and Venezuelan baseball. I'll appreciate anything about him (records, personal information, numbers, phone number (I'm joking)).
Comments
Re: Cabrera's Information
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 11, 2005 11:03 AM ]

A place to start would be Cabrera's page here.
[ Author: Guest: zbadd | Posted: Feb 11, 2005 1:54 PM ]

His stats are here. He hit 55 hHomers in 2002 to tie a Japanese league record with Sadaharu Oh and Tuffy Rhodes. He was the Pacific League MVP in 2002 as well. He helped the Seibu Lions to two Pacific League Pennants in 2002 and 2004, the Japan League Series Championship last year, and had a 492 foot blast in the Series, I think in either Game 3 or 4.

He played one year in Arizona in 2000, had a home run on the first pitch he saw.

He wears #42 and, I think, he was the first foreigner to play in the NPB-MLB Series in 2002.
[ Author: TimC51 | Posted: Feb 12, 2005 9:18 AM ]

For some more links about him I searched the Internet:

ESPN article (old) [Link]
MLB.com article (recent) [Link]
Google News search on "Alex Cabrera." [Link]
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Feb 12, 2005 12:29 PM ]

For links on everything I've written for baseballguru.com about him, see: [here.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.