Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Witt

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Witt
I would like to thank Witt and Kroon for the baseball and conversation that they gave me at BB Dome in Fukuoaka on Friday. They said they view this site. Thank you!

That is what Yakyu players are suppost to do to support us.
Comments
Re: Kroon
[ Author: Guest: Shannon Scott | Posted: Mar 31, 2005 7:22 AM ]

Kroon, are you still at the Yokohama BayStars? Do you respond to this site?

Shannon
Re: Witt
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 31, 2005 8:05 AM | YBS Fan ]

Kroon, Holtz, Cedric, and Witt are listed as the four foreign players on the BayStars' ichi-gun roster for opening day tomorrow.
Re: Kroon
[ Author: Guest: Shannon Scott | Posted: Apr 2, 2005 6:16 AM ]

Do they have individual e-mail sites that you can use through the BayStars' website? I don't read Japanese so it is hard to see where you can reach them.

Do you have the address for the stadium?
Re: Contact Info
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 1:48 PM | YBS Fan ]

This is covered in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Team contact information is here.
[ Author: Guest: PEGGY RUTLEDGE | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 1:33 PM ]

I'm not surprised you had such a positive experience with Witt. I know him personally and you couldn't find a greater guy. He's been a crowd favorite everywhere he's played! He goes out of his way to reach out to young kids and he's a wonderful role model. Japan is lucky to have him and we miss him dearly in the States.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 8:40 PM ]

I played ball with Witt in the States and I believe he will hit over 30 this year. While he may be streaky at times, over the long haul he will hit homers and drive in runs. Looks like he could mix in a salad though.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Apr 7, 2005 12:32 PM ]

I also played with Witt in the States and agree he will do fine in Japan. It might take him a while to get the hang of things there and how they will pitch him, but once he catches on, watch out. He is capable of hitting 40 or more home runs. And he has always been one of the bigger guys. That's what helps him.

He might strike out a lot, but most home run hitters do. Look at Adam Dunn, he's the same type hitter. Hits lots of home runs but strikes out too much. I guess that's what you get with a power hitter.

Good luck Kevin over there.
[ Author: pigskins15 | Posted: Apr 7, 2005 9:57 PM | YBS Fan ]

Thank you all. I hope that I get to meet Witt again when the BayStars come to Nagasaki Stadium. He is a class act professional.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.