Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jumping Yahoo

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Jumping Yahoo
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like the new Yahoo/SportNavi merger page. But, I'll keep my complaints on the low down until the regular season games start.

HOWEVER...

The old Yahoo! site had inning by inning hits/walks, links to games yet played, "live" graphical updates, scores of the previous day's games, as well as a link on top to a box score with fairly detailed statistics. The new Yahoo/SportsNavi has none of these, BUT - I understand it's still open-sen and my whining may eventually be for naught Let's hope so.

I might make the SWITCH to Nikkan for this.
Comments
Re: Jumping Yahoo
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 22, 2005 7:07 PM | YBS Fan ]

I wasn't sure what you were referring to as the top NPB page didn't have the SportsNavi logo prominantly placed. Then I thought it was just for news on the right column, until I noticed schedules, ranking, etc. links in a box with "SportsNavi" written in Katakana. I don't really get an impression of a "merger" with the way that SportsNavi doesn't stand out that much.

It looks like if you avoid those two (three if you count the open-sen results) SportsNavi portlet boxes and just use the navigation at the upper-left of the page that the same system as the past several years is still there, just awaiting the start of the season. My guess is that the SportsNavi stuff is just temporary for open-sen.

As I tell my kids, "Patience Grasshopper." All will be revealed on April 26th. No sense in worrying about it until then.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Mar 22, 2005 7:13 PM | YAK Fan ]

- As I tell my kids, "Patience Grasshopper." All will be revealed on April 26th. No sense in worrying about it until then.

Patience? You expect us to wait a month during the regular season until we can view stats and other goodies? :P I think you meant March 26th, right?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 22, 2005 7:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

Oops. Right. March 26.
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Mar 26, 2005 3:31 PM | FSH Fan ]

All right, my years away from Japan have apparently depleted my patience. Yahoo is wonderful again! So is the Hawks' website with live links?
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Mar 27, 2005 2:41 PM | FSH Fan ]

That was intended to be "The Hawks' website with live links is wonderful, also ('so')" and not question form. I don't know if I put that question mark in there or if the sentence was just too darn ambiguous.

[From Editor: I thought that was what you meant, and the question mark threw me. (Yes, it was there.) And maybe it was a question. When in doubt, I leave things alone.]
[ Author: Guest: Pussyten | Posted: Apr 8, 2005 2:39 AM ]

Hi. I feel the same way.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.