Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Gabe Kapler?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Gabe Kapler?
Does anyone know anything about Gabe Kapler? He is supposed to be playing with the Giants and I was wondering how he's playing.
Comments
Re: Gabe Kapler?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 10, 2005 1:16 PM | YBS Fan ]

Kapler is seriously struggling. After going 0 for his first 17 at bats, the radio announcers on Wednesday night were questioning why Shimizu wasn't in the starting line-up. Shimizu would be a regular on any other team, and really does deserve a starting spot. Nonetheless, Kapler quieted his critics with a solo run home run in the fourth inning to tie the game at the time. He then went five more at bats without a hit, then hit a two run home run in the sixth inning the next day in a game that was lost long before.

Going into play today (April 10), Kapler is batting .067 (2 for 30) with 2 home runs and 3 RBIs while striking out 4 times and grounding into 2 double plays. [Giants' Stats - TBS - in Japanese]

This may not be the kind of news you were looking for, but that's what's up.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 16, 2005 12:50 AM ]

Kapler might be struggling now, but I beleive that he will have an all star season. He helped the BOSOX break the curse. He is an outstanding player that is just in a slup.

Gabe, my hat is off to you for not taking the money to stay with a team in the States. He wanted to be a starter and on a winning team. I just wish that the BayStars would have gotten you this year.
[ Author: weirdgaijin | Posted: Apr 17, 2005 2:59 PM ]

I heard he's just a bit top heavy and isn't using his whole body to swing. Maybe that's his problem.

Good luck Gabe. I hope you survive the season with the Giants.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.