Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Away Tickets

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Away Tickets
Have just returned from my second away trip to Koshien (first of the season obviously), and I am getting closer to those Dragons fans, this time I got tickets in the left-field gaiya/outfield, OK, but was about 15 rows in front of the fans I wanted to be with. Does anyone have any tips on how to get tickets in the correct place for away games? I bought the tickets at 'PIA' ticket shop in Nagoya, asking for left outfield 'visitor area.' The guy in the shop was helpful, but clearly had no way/knowledge of how to exactly meet my request. I went to Yokohama stadium last summer and had no such problems when getting tickets at the ground (but lets face it, the BayStars aren't the Tigers), and when I went to Koshien last year and bought tickets at the ground, I could only get tickets in left-field foul territory (also sat amongst many confused Tigers fans, who I must add are great fun!).

Any help is appreciated as I intend to go to each Central League stadium at least once this season. Could this only be an issue at Koshien and Tokyo Dome? I'm hoping to go to see the Dragons at Fukuoka/Yahoo Dome at the end of next month, which I feel could have similar issues. I may well go to Kobe next weekend, which perhaps won't. Any tips anyone?

Thanks, Sorry it was so long?
Comments
Re: Away Tickets
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 29, 2005 5:44 PM | HT Fan ]

Just off the top of my head:
  • Knowing some Chunichi fans in Kansai who attend games might help, as they are likely to know how to get the tickets.
  • Next time you're in the wrong seats, head over to the people in the area you want to sit in and ask them how they got their tickets.
  • If you can read Japanese, try Yahoo Auctions.
Good luck.
[ Author: Dragon Gull | Posted: Apr 29, 2005 8:31 PM | CD Fan ]

Cheers for that.

I don't know any Dragons fans in the Kansai area, though I may meet some. I'll have to give the Yahoo! Auctions a go. While I can't really read Japanese, my baseball Japanese is as good as anything I can do! Asking how to get tickets when in the stadium makes sense, I could have done that this week. Thanks for your help.
[ Author: Guest: jun | Posted: Apr 30, 2005 12:52 PM ]

I've checked Koshien's site. (Well, I'm Japanese. Japanese are so rare in this forum, isn't it?) There are two kinds of left outfield seats at Koushien: reserved seats and non-reserved seats. Backward are non-reserved seats. The Dragons fans you wanted to be with were there. By the way, tickets of Koushien are so popular that you'd better hurry to buy one. For ticket information, check [Advance Ticket Sales [in Japanese]. Also check the second photo on this fan page [in Japanese]. The part outlined in blue indicates the Dragons fans' area at Koshien.

If you want to read the Japanese text, Google Translation might help you. (It often doesn't work well. Sometimes horrible.)

At Tokyo Dome, all seats are reserved ones. [Non-reserved general adminition are for standing areas."] So just buy a ticket for left outfield "visitor area." Dragon fans will be there. If not, exchange your ticket with someone at the stadium!

For Fukuoka Dome, check here [in English].

I hope this helps you.
[ Author: Dragon Gull | Posted: May 2, 2005 2:30 AM | CD Fan ]

Jun, you are a star, exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

If anyone has any further information, in particular about Fukuoka Dome, please let me know.

Cheers again!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.