Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Americans Players in the NPB?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Americans Players in the NPB?
How many American players are playing in Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB)? Who do they play for and for how long?

[Edited by Admin: The original question asked about "J.League." But that's soccer, so I think that the poster doesn't know what Pro Yakyu is referred to as. That or the poster is at the wrong site.]
Comments
Re: Americans Players in the NPB?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 16, 2005 7:21 PM | YBS Fan ]

For details of how foreign players (not just North or South Americans) are doing, please have a look at Garland-san's 2005 Central League Foreign Player Watch and 2005 Pacific League Foreign Player Watch.

I don't differentiate between foreign and domestic players. A player is a team member, not a representative for a given country.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.