Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

How is Dicky Gonzalez Doing?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
How is Dicky Gonzalez Doing?
I am a fan in the United States and got the opportunity to get to know Dicky Gonzalez. Since I last saw him I haven't had the chance to talk to him again. Could you please give me an update or is there any way I could get in contact with him? Thank You!
Comments
Re: How is Dicky Gonzalez Doing?
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: May 17, 2005 6:02 PM | YAK Fan ]

Dicky fractured the ring finger in his pitching hand while fielding a ball in a pre-season game against Hiroshima back in late March. He had an operation on the finger on April 1st, and was expected to be back on the mound 6 weeks after that. I would expect to see Dicky pitching sometime soon, but maybe he'll need a couple starts with the farm team first.

I read a rumor in one of the sports papers here that the Yakult Swallows' manager is planning on sticking with the current 5 man rotation, which means that the plans for Dicky Gonzalez and the newly acquired Rick Guttormson are still up in the air. I really hope Dicky comes back as a starter, because I liked what I saw from him last year.
[ Author: Guest: ItalianPrncss | Posted: May 18, 2005 6:26 AM ]

Thank You for the update. If you hear any latest news please inform. My e-mail is Krazyk7698 at yahoo d0t com. Thanks!
[ Author: Guest: The Duke | Posted: May 20, 2005 10:49 PM ]

I hope Dicky does well too. He was one of those AAAA players, pitched lights out in AAA, but couldn't seem to stick in MLB.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: May 31, 2005 9:07 AM | YAK Fan ]

Sankei Sports is reporting that Dicky will be back in the bullpen starting from the May 31st game against Orix. Yakult pitching coach Akimitsu Itoh said that Dicky will be used as a setup man in front of closer Hirotoshi Ishii.

I guess the decision to use Dicky out of the bullpen instead of as a starter came from the fact that last year's closer, Ryota Igarashi, is not in top form right now, and Yakult is currently using as many as 6 starters already.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 1, 2005 8:17 AM ]

Gonzalez pitched in his first game versus the Buffaloes on Tuesday (May 31). Gonzalez pitched 1 and 2/3 innings, giving up no hits. [Box Score - Borisov's Pro Yakyu]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.