Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

baseball cards

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
baseball cards
Could you tell me where I can find "mise" that sells trading cards. I looked and asked all over Yokohama a few weeks ago and nobady I talked to could tell me anything. Found lots of soccer cards!! I have a friend that collects cards and I want to get some while I'm in Tokyo next week. Thanks.
Comments
Re: baseball cards
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 30, 2002 10:20 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've often seen ads for trading card conventions in my ShuBe (Shukan Baseball), so I checked there first. While I don't see a shop (mise), I do see Baseball Magazine Sha's "Sports Card Magazine" mook ("magazine-book"). Stop by your nearby book store (department stores usually have a good selection) and browse that mook.

I had heard that there are shops in Harajuku that specialize in sports cards. However, since I'm not a collecter myself, I can't say where exactly they are.
[ Author: Guest: pooh | Posted: Apr 3, 2002 6:40 AM ]

Thanks for your reply and insight. I appreciate your help.
[ Author: Pa-League no Aniki | Posted: Apr 2, 2002 4:28 PM ]

I know a trading card shop named MINT. It is about a 4-5 minute walk down the main street from JR Ochano-mizu Station. Leave the station using the main exit that is right on a big intersection with a Lotteria, police box and music shops on the far corners. Just walk downhill on the right side of the main street toward Sansei-do Bookstore until you see a First Kitchen and Matsumoto Kiyoshi drugstore on your right. Take the little sideway between First Kitchen and Matsumoto and you will see MINT down a tiny block or two on your right. I hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: pooh | Posted: Apr 3, 2002 6:38 AM ]

Thanks for your help. I'll go check it out.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.